Too many vts open

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 2 15:11:47 CEST 2002

  I tried posting this message a few days ago but it never made it to the
list. So, I'll try again.

  Since I upgraded to 3.8.16 I see that multiple copies of the virtual
terminal open on virtual desktop #1 when I first invoke 'startx' upon
logging in. They're all at the same screen coordinates. My default setup has
been to have a single terminal window open on this desktop, and that's all
that used to open.

  1) What might have changed that now causes anywhere from one to four
additional instances of aterm to open?

  2) Is there something in a configuration file I can change to stop this?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)