XFtree CVS problems for me (still..)

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Thu Mar 14 04:26:58 CET 2002

On Mié 13 Mar 2002 20:29, Ben Hall wrote:
> Thanks Edscott!
>
> I just updated from CVS actually.  xfsamba now compiles, but I still
> have the same xftree problem.  Once xftree works again I'll be sure to
> check out those xfsamba features.

If you could do just one more thing it would help greatly. Once you get the
sigsegv, if you type "bt" at the gdb prompt and hit return, it spews out the
program flow. This is of great use to find the condition which caused the
error. I've been looking at the code and have thought of several
bug-workarounds (basically it's a strlen() to a dereferenced pointer), but I
would sleep much better if I found the root of that dereference that occurs
on your system.

> Thanks for all of the hard work.  If I was a business person doing linux
> stuff I'd certainly want to hire you. (I'm still at University now, but
> wait for it..  it could happen.)

Thanks for the thought. Although my contributions to xfce are only for
pleasure.

Edscott