IDEA: PGP crypt and decrypt in xftree

Edscott Wilson García edscott at imp.mx
Fri Mar 8 14:37:19 CET 2002

On Vie 08 Mar 2002 00:35, Peeter Vois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Into my little head jumped an idea that it could be nice thing to have to
> be able to crypt and decrypt files using xftree.

I've thought of this before, but not as part of xftree but a sidekick program
(like xfglob). But they are many legal problems. If the crypting software is
any good, it means that it cannot be downloaded from sourceforge (USA) to
Mexico without breaking the law (even if it is initially uploaded from
Mexico). And I believe the encryption laws are even tougher in France. So
that proyect is sort of frozen in time.

Edscott