auto minimize panel?..:)

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Sat Jun 29 22:22:43 CEST 2002

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 11:37:35 -0600 Collins <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:59:02 -0400 (EDT) Chuck Mead
> <csm at MoonGroup.com> wrote:
> > As I said in my first response try this for the panel:
> >
> > Style "xfce"           StartIconic, NoIcon
> >

> Both of these produce the same results, namely no effect:
>
> Style "xfce"				StartIconic, NoIcon
> Style "XFce Main Panel"		StartIconic, NoIcon

OK, I've found part of the answer, but I don't know how to debug or to
correct it.  Xfwm does not appear to be honoring the xfwmrc parameters
anywhere.  I've tried putting the parameters in ~/.xfce/xfwmrc and in
/etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc.  All parameters are being ignored.  It appears
that I am running totally from builtin defaults.

For example, I changed these parameters to get a visual reference.

# Default icons for most common apps
Style "*term*"      icon "/usr/share/xfce/icons/MagnifyGlas.xpm"
Style "*TERM*"      icon "/usr/share/xfce/icons/MagnifyGlas.xpm"
Style "*Term*"      icon "/usr/share/xfce/icons/MagnifyGlas.xpm"

When I minimize an aterm window, the requested override is not
honored; the icon chosen is the standard terminal with a check mark.

How can I resolve this problem?

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla