a new feature for xftree?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Tue Jun 25 21:34:56 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 04:46, Yuri wrote:

> Hi! :-)
>
> I'd like to register more applications by same filename.
> Example:
>
> (.html) (galeon) ()
> (.html) (bluefish) ()
>
> double-click runs galeon (1st of the list), while
> right-click shows both.
>
> Now it doesn't work, but this feature will be implemented?
> I hope so, it should be useful (for me).

Yes, it's long due. I suppose the TODO list for xftree has the following
elements:

1- remake with GTK2
2- user customizable icons
3- multiple application registration

Points 2 and 3 should probably use MIME types instead of file
extensions, or maybe a combination of both. As soon as I finish the
remake of xfsamba with GTK2 I'll start working on xftree.

Edscott