Am I stupid or is this a taskbar bug?

"Christian V. J. Brüssow" cvjb at epost.de
Wed Jun 19 19:14:01 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I have asked this question before, but no reponse so far. So I try it again:

Short version: I have a problem with the new taskbar (cvs version of
xfce 3.8.18): it writes information into xfce3rc, which confuses the
xfce panel :-(

When the taskbar is hidden, its settings are showing up in my pop-up
menu number 12, last entry. Every time I restart xfce, a new entry is
added to this menu.

But, when I open the taskbar, and place it to the top of my screen, the
new entry from the taskbar is confusing xfce, so it doesn't starts at
all :-(

With less than 12 menus in the panel everything works fine. So I think
it is bug, or am I doing something wrong here?

NB, I _have_ called xfce_upgrade after the new installation, and there
is no old version of xfce in my path, and the new version is running.
Compilation worked without any problems. My settings were:

./configure --prefix=/usr --datadir=/usr/share -sysconfdir=/etc/X11
--enable-xft --enable-taskbar --enable-gdm && make

And as root: make install-strip

Any suggestions?

Have a nice day,
Christian