cut and paste in menus

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 19 04:52:47 CEST 2002

I wanted to duplicate a menu item (and then change it slightly), so I
opened it for editing, highlighted the command line, closed it, selected
'Add icon...' and tried to paste it with the middle mouse button.  No
luck.  I tried again with alt-c and alt-v.  No luck.  Did it with ctl-c
and ctl-v.

Is there a standard?  In X Window apps, highlighting and middle button
usually works, as does alt-c, alt-v.  The only environment where I've used
ctl-c, ctl-v previously has been that Gates guy's "OS".

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman
pwiseman at mindspring.com