lost keyboard

Gino Peregrini gino at ghazalpage.net
Tue Jul 23 19:00:24 CEST 2002

My keyboard quite working suddenly. I was using find-file and playing a
game. Nothing else active. I rebooted, opened a console and ran
xfce_remove and then started a Gnome session. (I don't like rebooting, b
ut without a keyboard, I was stuck. The mouse worked fine, thank
goodness.)

I'm using some Ximian apps--mainly Evolution and Nautilis--on SuSE 8.0.

My questions: Does anyone have any idea why this happened? And how can I
avoid/deal with it when I go back to XFce, as I want to? This problem
seems similar to another one posted yesterday.

Oh, I am using XFce 3.8.16.1

Overall, I like XFce a lot. But this incident bothers me.
--
Gino Peregrini
gino at ghazalpage.net
http://www.ghazalpage.net