What about a donation page for Xfce ?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Fri Jul 19 00:12:23 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 10:06, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Jasper,
>
> > we show where the money goes. Do you have anything in mind to use
> > donations for?
>
> Right now, I think mostly for the domain name registration fees ($70 for
> 3 more years)

I believe sourceforge is willing to do free DNS for projects hosted on
their site (as xfce partly is). It would involve moving the stuff on
www.xfce.org to www.xfce.sourceforge.net, so the DNS at sf could point
xfce.org to xfce.sf.net.

> But it will depend on how much money is available. If we can have enough
> money (over the time) we could even think of a developper meeting or
> something like that. Maybe I'm just dreaming...

That would be nice. We would probably need some corporate donors for
that.

Edscott