What about a donation page for Xfce ?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu Jul 18 14:26:57 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 03:16, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking of a donation page for Xfce. Note that this would
> *not* be for paying *me* or other developpers, but rather for the costs
> like site registration and various hardware needs.
>
> Xfce is free software and will remain so. Donations would not be
> requested, just maybe suggested.
>
> What do you think ?

Donations in cash would be good, but donations in species would be
better at this point, IMHO. That is, harddisks, monitors, laptops,
servers, ups, and all those toys that are needed to make xfce and which
tend to make developers happy. I mean, it would be nice to get Sun to
cough up a box that could be used for development.

> PS: Do you know how this can be acheived, I mean should we use paypal,
> or something else ? I've never done that before, so I'm wondering...

Hardware would be easier to contribute. All that has to be done is to
send it by courier to xfce headquarters in Toulousse.

Edscott