What about a donation page for Xfce ?

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Jul 18 10:16:57 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I've been thinking of a donation page for Xfce. Note that this would
*not* be for paying *me* or other developpers, but rather for the costs
like site registration and various hardware needs.

Xfce is free software and will remain so. Donations would not be
requested, just maybe suggested.

What do you think ?

As a side note, GNOME and KDE wich have way more people and companies
involved do that already. Xfce has no company backing it, just the
motivations of a few developpers arround the world.

Let me know your feeling, opinions. Just don't flame me too hard ;-)

PS: Do you know how this can be acheived, I mean should we use paypal,
or something else ? I've never done that before, so I'm wondering...

Cheers,
--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.