Odd effect of StartIconic?

Patrick Wiseman pwiseman at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 18 00:10:29 CEST 2002

Hi, all:

This is in the nature of an FYI.

I had a curious problem.  When I selected the Quit button, "Question"
appeared in the taskbar, but the dialog didn't pop up, and clicking on it
in the taskbar had no effect.  It turns out that was apparently because I
had

Style "xfce"                   StartIconic

in my xfwmrc file - at least, commenting that out corrected the
problem.  I can't remember exactly why I had that line in there, but I do
recall doing it at the same time that I added

Style "*"                       NoIcon

to prevent icons from appearing on the desktop (which seems redundant if
one has a taskbar).  Apparently those two together have some weird
effects!

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman