System hung on xfce start up.

Wenzhi Liang wzhliang at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 17:00:36 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I was using Slackware 8.0 and Xfce a while ago but it
always hung the system (X to be accurate) after about
half min. So I went away to kde ( I know, I know ). I
thought there was something wrong with my system so I
installed Slackware 8.1 last night. (Very glad to see
that XFCe was actually included on the installation
CD).
I left the /usr/local and /home along though. Anyway,
when I tried to start XFCE (the slack package), the
same
thing happend. But using XFCE as root was perfect. So
reckon the problem was those shiny custome icon I have
handle configured under XFCE.
Could someone confirm this? Can I use 16bit(I guess)
xpm icons with XFCE?

Thanks,