keyboard swithching under xfce

MaT mat at razdva.cz
Sun Jul 7 23:13:38 CEST 2002

>> setxkbmap us
>> setxkbmap cz_qwerty

> unfrtunatelly now as i could set a permanent taskbar, i don't use panel.
> I launch progs w/ gkrellm or left click menu, and use gkrellms to
> display time, so i no longer need the panel :)

Me too, now. :-) And even before taskbar, I liked to switch the panel
off, so I also have made the two items above in "User menu" or how is
it called...

>> And how much time it took...  Then I've found that in the second
>> driver, there is implanted switching to US keyboard by pressing
>> "Scroll lock" so this menu is now useless for me... But maybe it can
>> help you and it is still faster than writing it to term... And in the
>> beginning, i could not remember something like "setxkbmap"... :-)))

> Hm what's this "second driver" exactly?

I meant the "cz_qwerty"... It can switch with the Scroll Lock between
"cz_qwerty" and original US keyboard...

> I couldn't get it work too :( To tell the truth i haven't time to rtfm
> yet, and i'm sure i can figure it out from there, but maybe somebody
> could provide that magic line which i have to put to xfvmrc and which
> enables me to switch w/ left-alt left-shift between the 2 languages?..
> (hu and us) :)

I'm very unsure if something like that can be handled by Xfce
itself... Or... In other words - it can be made, because Xfce is very
versatile - you can made the two items to one each keyboard in user
menu or in some menu on the panel and attach some keybindings to them.
I'm not sure if you can use something like CTRL+SHIFT or ALT+SHIFT as
in Windows, you could try... But definitely, I doubt if there is some
parameter in .xfwmrc specially for keyboard switching. :-)

> bye, hirisov

> ps.: MaT Prague rules, U Fleku is one of the best pubs i've ever been :)

I'm from Turnov, I only study in Prague and there's not much time to
visit all the pubs in Prague (and there are plenty of them :-) when
you study something like medicine... :-)

MaT

mailto:mat at iol.cz
Jabber UID: mat at njs.netlab.cz
ICQ UIN: 18969028