Options for smbmount in SMBXFCE (Was: Re[2]: App killed when using the mouse roll? + questions)

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Jul 8 02:27:01 CEST 2002

El dom, 07-07-2002 a las 16:18, MaT escribió:
> When you are talking there about xfsamba - is there some way to
> specify some options for smbmount?
>
> For example - when I mounting some shares from Windows box, that
> actually have some czech characters in names, I have to use something
> like:
>
> smbmount //machine/share /mnt/point \
> -o codepage=852,iocharset=iso8859-2

The only way to do it now is to modify the code. There is a part where
the arguments to smbmount are specified in file xfsamba_mnt.c. Just add
the missing options.

To make this configurable on-the-run is now on the xfsamba2 TODO list.

I've never had to give smbmount options for iso-8859-1, but then again I
compile my kernel with support for iso-8859-1, so I suppose that's why
smbmount works without specifying the option.

> And if it can be implemented even for smbclient (for browsing :-) it
> would be very nice. :-)

The smb protocol uses the "text DOS" for ascii > 128. So all that is
needed is to know the equivalence between the 8859-1 or 8859-2 ascii
code and the "text DOS" to enable browsing with smbclient an xfsamba.
Unfortunately my "la" keyboard can only produce accentuated characters
in spanish. To enable the czech characters for browsing with this
"bug-workaround", I would need to know what are the ascii codes for the
czech characters are. This is easily accomplished if you can produce
them with your keyboard.

Edscott