Vote for XFce

MaT mat at razdva.cz
Sat Jul 6 15:36:25 CEST 2002

>> I have yet to find another WM, for example, that
>> brings back all my apps and desktops jusyt the way I left them each
>> time.  Even gnome2 doesn't do a proper job of that.

> I find that Windowmaker does that fairly well.

I have both XFCE and WindowMaker and there's one big difference
between them - if I run Galeon or Mozilla and exit window manager and
start it again - in XFCE, i get Mozilla or Galeon running, but in
WindowMaker not...

I have tried to find a reason of this strange behaviour and I've found
a way... Galeon is starting through some script - /usr/bin/galeon -
and then it launches "galeon-bin" (somewhere). In the script, some
variables are set for mozilla engine (some paths). WindowMaker, in its
session management, stores a information about "galeon-bin" and it
tries to run "galeon-bin" - and it can't locate some libs.

I fixed this with copying setting of variables from the
/usr/bin/galeon to my .bash_profile...

But strange is, that in XFCE, it worked although I didn't have
anything like this in my .bash_profile. :-))

MaT

P. S.: Sorry for my English, but it's a very long time since I wrote
something in this language... :-)

mailto:mat at iol.cz
Jabber UID: mat at njs.netlab.cz
ICQ UIN: 18969028