Vote for XFce

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Fri Jul 5 04:34:27 CEST 2002

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 07:23:27 -0600, Collins wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:07:03 +0530 Biju Chacko <botsie at myrealbox.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I can understand that. I prefer another WM to XFce mostly because I
> > can configure it to work *exactly* how I want it.
>
> Fortunately, for me, xfce works 99.9% the way I want it without any
> configuration.

Me too, actually. My point was that I could get the other 0.1% with
another WM. However, since it takes several hours of fiddling around to
get it that way, I frequently don't bother. I guess that makes XFce my
/de facto/ favorite even if it isn't my /de jure/ favorite.

> I have yet to find another WM, for example, that
> brings back all my apps and desktops jusyt the way I left them each
> time.  Even gnome2 doesn't do a proper job of that.

I find that Windowmaker does that fairly well.

-- Biju