An unusual request for feedback

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 6 17:29:17 CEST 2002

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, Edward M. Collins wrote:

> I love my HappyHacker Lite Keyboard, and loathe the thought of using any
> other.  I found its biggest advantage is that if you are a heavy rodent
> or trackball user, a am I, it allows you to bing the trackball into a
> much better position relative to your body and saves alot of elbow and
> forearm stress. I don't really miss the function keys and the lack of
> the keypad is easily solved by getting an auxilliary keypad, which I
> prefer to have on my left anyway. I would suggest getting the newer
> version which has separate arrow keys though. Having clear desktop space
> for papers and such is real benefit too.

Ed,

  Thanks for the feedback from you and the others. Space is not an issue
here as the very large, 142-key unit now sits on a platform off the front of
my desk, and the trackball is on a similar tray next to it. Putting a 19"
monitor on a computer desk designed in the early 1980s leaves no room for a
keyboard -- unless I want my nose against the monitor glass. :-)

  After sleeping on the ideas for the night, I've decided to not spend a
bunch of money on the Happy Hacking Lite 2, but get something at Office
Depot that feels OK and is inexpensive. And smaller. Then I'll use loadkeys
and xmodkey to make it work the way I want.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)