Problem compiling CVS stable

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Fri Jul 5 12:18:15 CEST 2002

Hi all,
I have a trouble when trying to compile the CVS version of XFCE... it
complains about glib, although when I enter glib-config the version is
1.2.8 (needs >= 1.2.6...).
Besides, when I launch XFCE from Gnome, I see it searches for
gtk-config, which is not present on my machine. I tried to upgrade to
glib2.0 but nothing was fixed...
Any ideas? (Mandrake 8.2, XFCE 3.8.16 running ok).

Here is the output:
checking for glib-config... /usr/local/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.6... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter
case, you
*** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/local/bin/glib-config
configure: error: Cannot find GLIB: Is glib-config in path?
[root at ROISSY xfce-stable]#
[root at ROISSY xfce-stable]# /usr/local/bin/glib-config --version
1.2.8
[root at ROISSY xfce-stable]#

Thanks,
Alex