filmanagers

Edward M. Collins emcollins1 at worldnet.att.net
Thu Jul 4 23:48:51 CEST 2002

Horn Gábor wrote:
> Hi!
>

> 2, Win Commander like stuff: yeah i put mc here too :) IMHO we like them
> because after a little experience it's much faster to work with them. We
> like if it handles ftp connections (imho the way wincommander does is
> simple and efficient - strange behaviour from a win program :). It was a
> surprise for me how hard to find a good (graphical) wincomannder clone
> for linux. The best i found is Gentoo. It's cool but still far from
> wincommander. Greatly cutomizable (an set almost properly by dfault)
> MIME stuff, very good icons, fast navigation. But no ftp handling, and a
> bit "oldie" intrface :) Can i ask what u use as a wincommander clone
> under linux please (except mc :)
>
> thanks, hirisov

I've tried Gentoo, and Worker, but I still prefer FileRunner, it's fast,
never crashes on me and not bad looking by my standards, but then again
I really like the old school industrial look of TK and Motif apps;)
FileRunner is also a very nice ftp client. Unfortunately it doesn't seem
to have been updated in about three ears, but it still works, and about
the only feature I really miss in it is more keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers,

Ed

--
Penguins are so sensitive