taskbar, etc.

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Thu Jul 4 18:32:35 CEST 2002

My congratulations to the developers for a marvelous product.

xfce-stable now provides 99.99% of what I would like to see in a
WM/Desktop.

Here are two tiny little wrinkles (the .01% from my standpoint):

1. I run with the taskbar drug off (top of screen) and the xfce panel
in noicon mode.  When xfwm restarts, both the taskbar and the panel
are iconized, and I have to right-mouse to display the taskbar.  My
only other option seems to be to let both panel and taskbar start
normally, then minimize the panel.  The ideal situation would be to
let the taskbar start independant of the panel. (My wish list.)

2.  I have the Top Margin set to 40, and xfwm honors this for almost
everything except when restarting galeon.  If I terminate gaelon and
start it again, the top margin is honored, but if I let galeon restart
with the rest of my aps, galeon and only galeon restarts at postion 0
0, and I have to drag it down with alt-left button to clear the
taskbar.  This behavior long antedates the taskbar, but it's still a
minor problem.

Keep up the good work.
--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-galeon