filmanagers

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Thu Jul 4 18:07:25 CEST 2002

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 17:40:13 +0200 Kristian Rink <afterimage at gmx.net>
wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:07:49 -0600
> Collins <erichey2 at attbi.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm sorry to hear that.  I run a machine that is high-spec enough
> > to run anything, but I, unlike you, have not found anything in kde
> > that I cannot do without.  Gnome I tolerate because of galeon -
> > the best of the browsers (IMO).  I use a gui file manager so
>
> Actually, galeon is one of the few graphical browsers I am using
> right now, besides dillo, but I really wanted to know why just the
> GNOME guys didn't take a chance to create their own web-browser
> instead of just relying on the mozilla core -

Dillo is fantastic for what it does; it just needs a few more
features.

I disagree about galeon.  The mozilla core is so good, so why would
anyone take the time to reinvent the wheel.  The galeon tabbed window
support, on the other hand, is much more sophisticated than what
mozilla offers.  Opera also has good tabbing support.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
gentoo(since 01/01/01) 2.4.18+(ext3) xfce-sylpheed-mozilla