Vote for XFce

edscott edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jul 3 12:55:05 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 10:01, Jack Coates wrote:

> And since you asked, my problems with xftree of late are:
>
> 1 - hitting a key should make the focus jump to something beginning with
> that key - in other words, if I'm in a list of adir, bdir, ..., zdir, I
> should be able to press 'z' and jump to zdir.

Yeah, that sounds like something that would be useful.

> 2 - If I've selected a number of files using the mouse and CTRL or
> SHIFT, click-dragging on one of the selected files shouldn't deselect
> all the other files -- rather, it should grab the whole bundle for
> dragging.

Here you should use the middle button. But I agree with you (I always
forget to use the middle button). I think it would be a "good thing" to
compile a list of characteristics which should change, disappear or be
added for the gtk2 version of xftree.

I'm thinking a good deal about the gtk2 version of xftree. Of special
consideration is the fact that gtk1.2 ctrees are not very fast, but
gtk2.0 treeviews are even slower: this must be solved somehow. I wish I
had a little more free time at the moment...

Edscott