xfce4

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Mon Dec 30 20:04:39 CET 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:21:49 +0100
Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at moongroup.com> wrote:

> 2) All information on how to build xfce 4 from CVS can be found on
>    http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/xfce4-cvs.html

OK, I followed the excellent instructions at this site.  Here are the
results:

1. All source except dbh works with ./configure. Excellent.
2. I cobbled together a startxfce4 script from the examples and ran it.
Try one was not too exciting - missing library.  For those of you who
run gentoo, you need to run env-update to regenerate the ld.so cache.
Even reboot will not cure.
3. Second try was successful.  Excellent work, xfce folks!
4. What is the format of the xfbdrc4 rc file?  xfdbrc -i will not reun
because of this.
5. Bummer that session history and application restart is not working
yet!
6. Obviously a known problem, but quit from the panel only quits the
panel; you have to select quit from the main menu to quit for real.
7. Is the panel going to be customisable, unlike prior xfce?

All in all, it's superb thus far.

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
gentoo 1.4 system