xfce4

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Sun Dec 29 12:21:49 CET 2002

Hey Pablo,

A few things that other people might be interested in as well:

1) The snapshots on sourceforge are ancient! Don't use them.

2) All information on how to build xfce 4 from CVS can be found on
   http://members.home.nl/jbhuijsmans/xfce4-cvs.html

3) This is CVS code. It's under heavy development and may not always
   work or even build.

4) If you're interested in trying xfce4 you should consider subscribing
   to the xfce4-dev mailing list. That's where all discussion takes
   place and that's also the place to report problems, ask for features
   or offer your services to help out with the development (not too
   subtle hint :)

	Jasper

On 29 Dec 2002 12:07:46 +0100
Pablo <pastulap at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've been using xfce for some time now and tried to switch to xfce4.
> After downloading xfwm4 and xfce4 snapshots I was dissapointed that
> xfwm lacked some utilities.
> Recently I read a message that one should load the following
> applications as well:
> xfce-mcs-manager &
> xfdeskmenu &
> xfbd4 &
> xfmouse4 &
>
> My problem is that I don't have these apps. They were not included in
> these snapshots. Therefore I'd like to download sources from CVS and
> build them myself. However I don't know which modules should I
> download. If someone can give me a list of required modules I'll be
> grateful.
>
> Best regards
> Pablo

IRC channel: #xfce on irc.openprojects.net