3.8.18 with taskbar support

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Sun Dec 8 19:33:54 CET 2002

On 08 Dec 2002 15:04:00 -0800 Jack Coates <jack at monkeynoodle.org>
wrote:
> yeah, it is just a little line if you choose not to use it. However,
> it's still an unwanted feature chewing up memory, and even if it's
> just 10 or 15 lines of code, and even if I have tons of RAM, that's
> still against the general principles of XFce in my mind. If I was
> just coming to XFce I wouldn't notice, but since I've been using it
> since it was based on XForms I'm holding Olivier and the others to a
> higher standard:-)

YMMV.  Some of us consider the panel itself to be bloat that we never
use, and I always kill the pager, but it never occurred to me to whine
that the pager is available for those who like it.

I (and some others) consider the taskbar to be a worthwhile addition
and don't mind the teensy bit of extra memory  and miniscule screen
real estate used.

As my recent expeience with the gentoo ebuild proved, you can build
xfce without taskbar support and then you won't need to whine about
the unwanted feature chewing up your memory!

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area
Gentoo 1.4 system