3.8.18 with taskbar support

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Mon Dec 9 00:04:00 CET 2002

yeah, it is just a little line if you choose not to use it. However,
it's still an unwanted feature chewing up memory, and even if it's just
10 or 15 lines of code, and even if I have tons of RAM, that's still
against the general principles of XFce in my mind. If I was just coming
to XFce I wouldn't notice, but since I've been using it since it was
based on XForms I'm holding Olivier and the others to a higher standard
:-)

Jack

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 13:23, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On 8 Dec 2002, Joe Klemmer wrote:
>
> > 	I'm confused at this.  By default the taskbar is hidden under the XFce
> > panel.  You have to actively bring it up in order to see it.  And if it
> > is up you can just close it and it goes away.
>
>   I, too, was confused by the "problem" of the task bar. I don't care to use
> it so it stays rolled up at the bottom of the panel. When I look closely it
> appears to be a little ledge that prevents the icons from sliding off the
> panel to the bottom of the monitor. It's not at all in the way. A careful
> click brings it up and a click on the left edge rolls it up again.
>
> Rich
>
> Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
>
>                        Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
>             2404 SW 22nd Street | Troutdale, OR 97060-1247 | U.S.A.
>  + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
>                          http://www.appl-ecosys.com/

Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...