editres

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Dec 8 14:45:52 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 07:05, Anibal Ojeda wrote:

> CAn some one tell me what the editres is ?  i''m usig xfce for more than a yea
> without knowing the function of editres..

$man editres

EDITRES(1)                                             EDITRES(1)

NAME
       editres - a dynamic resource editor for X Toolkit applica­
       tions

SYNTAX
       editres [ -toolkitoption ... ]

OPTIONS
       Editres accepts all of the standard X Toolkit command line
       options  (see  X(7x)).   The  order  of  the  command line
       options is not important.

DESCRIPTION
       Editres is a tool that allows users and application devel­
       opers  to  view the full widget hierarchy of any X Toolkit
       application that speaks the Editres  protocol.   In  addi­
       tion, editres will help the user construct resource speci­
       fications, allow the user to apply  the  resource  to  the
       application  and  view  the results dynamically.  Once the
       user is happy with a resource specification  editres  will
       append the resource string to the user's X Resources file.

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'