Question

Richard Beri richberi at aci.on.ca
Sun Dec 1 03:06:11 CET 2002

On November 30, 2002 07:45 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Richard Beri wrote:
> > I was wondering how do I get Xfce to remember the window positions?
> > Every time I open a program it opens in a different place.
>
>   Which apps? If you kill X with applications open on various
> desktops they should again be there the next time you startx.
>
>   A few will always place themselves at (0,0) -- the upper, left
> corner -- but most open just where I've left 'em.
>
>   Except for the latest mozilla, of course. That won't come back
> automagically no matter what.

I usually open mozilla, kmail, knode, I position them all at top, left,
but after I close them and then reopen (i never usually log out), the
first one (whether it be mozilla, kmail, etc) will always open top
left.  But then the rest following will not open top left, they will
cascade instead.  Is there no "save position" like with kde?