xfsamba can't mount shares

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Fri Aug 30 17:28:05 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 09:14, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> Actually it's not a xfsamba thing, since you cannot mount from command
> line either. Besides, there have been no changes to xfsamba in a long
> time (changes are taking place on the gtk2 port). The problem is most
> probably due to your samba installation. The key point is the
> "tdb((null)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file" error. That could mean
> some temporary directory is protected or does not exist.
> Btw, I just recompiled xfsamba from CVS here and it works fine in RH
> linux (running a 2.4.18 vanilla kernel over much updated RH7.0). I have
> not noticed the nfs problem RH mentions so the kernel does not have
> their patch. Maybe that patch causes some noise with smbfs.

	To be honest I didn't expect the problem to be directly related to
xfsamba.  I know that the software you guys write just works for me.  I
figured it was something more directly related to samba.  I have updated
the kernel between the time I know things worked and now.  It might be
something in there.  I have no idea (more accurately, no time) to even
try and debug this.  Thankfully I can still upload & download from the
smb shares so I can at least get files back & forth.

Thanks, Edscott.

--
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.