How can one find all the current defaults

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Aug 28 16:34:31 CEST 2002

Chris Scheller <schelcj at pobox.com> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 11:14:23PM -0700, Harry Putnam wrote:
>> Is there some easy way to find all current keybinding defauts.
>
> in the help files there is a page that lists all the defaults.

OK, haven't found it yet, but don't doubt it.

>> The help file doesn't seem to have that.  At least not easily
>> findable.
>>
>> Is ALT-tab supposed to cycle  thru open windows in one work space?
>
> on my site i have the options to do this in my xfwmrc config example. one
> word of warning(note to the developers too, if they are interested)
> switching between open windows on the current desk(with whichever bindings
> you use) is rather slow. actualy really slow switching to each window.

Chris, I find the bindings shown there do *NOT* work to cycle windows
with Alt-tab.

I found:
  # Change alt tab behavior
  Key Tab A M -
  Key Tab A SM -
  Key Tab A M Next [!Iconic Current Desk] __builtin_focus_raise__

After a restart, pressing Alt-tab does nothing I can see.
However if I change it too:

  # Change alt tab behavior
  Key Tab A M -
  Key Tab A M Next __builtin_focus_raise__

Then, after a restart it works fine.  And works pretty
instantaneously.  I see no slowdown as you described.

> ps: my site is in my sig, and the file you want is under configs

> http://www.pobox.com/~schelcj

Can anyone verify my experience at Chris' sight:

After hitting the link `Configs' and then the `xfwmrc' link under
My changes to xfwmrc for Xfc:

I cannot mouse copy from the configs displayed there.  Left mouse
scrape doesn't hylite anything.  No copy past from that config is
possible.

After quite a length of time the scraped area does become hylited but
still cannot be pasted anywhere.

Using Netscape 4.79, but I do not see this behavior anywhere else
that I've noticed.