Solved: Re: no jpg support in xfce 3.8.18 on mandrake 8.2?

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 22 16:11:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

let me rephrase ...

At 03:50 PM 8/22/02 +0200, you wrote:
>In an older episode (Thursday 22 August 2002 07:45), Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>

> > > wouldnt it be easier if ./configure would detect it there by itself?
> >
> > It's a gdkpixbuf problem, not xfce's. Can it be you have two versions
> > of gdk-pixbuf installed?
> >

>yes, as i pointed out in my first mail on the subject, jpg support was not
>working with mandrake's default gdk-pixbuf installation:

What I meant to say is that xfce cannot do anything about this during
configuration. gdk-pixbuf is installed and detected by xfce.

The error you showed in the previous mail was about gdk-pixbuf not finding
one of its own files.

Apparently the install of gdk-pixbuf is broken, so if xfce tries to use it,
gdk-pixbuf cannot find its own files! I would expect other programs that use
gdk-pixbuf to have the same problems.

So let me repeat, xfce can not do anything to prevent this. You need to find
a way to clean up the gdk-pixbuf installation.

There was a thread about the same or a similar problem a little while ago. I
don't remember if a solution was found, but I think so. Maybe that
discussion can help you.

greetings,
         Jasper