Solved: Re: no jpg support in xfce 3.8.18 on mandrake 8.2?

wolfgang GeneralP.Fault at gmx.net
Thu Aug 22 15:50:42 CEST 2002

In an older episode (Thursday 22 August 2002 07:45), Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> > wouldnt it be easier if ./configure would detect it there by itself?
>
> It's a gdkpixbuf problem, not xfce's. Can it be you have two versions
> of gdk-pixbuf installed?

yes, as i pointed out in my first mail on the subject, jpg support was not
working with mandrake's default gdk-pixbuf installation:

--- my original message ---
i compiled and installed xfce-stable from cvs on mandrake 8.2
xfce is unable to use jpg files as desktop backgrounds error about invalid
file type.

installed packages:
[root at rothut xfce-stable]# rpm -qa | grep gdk-pixbuf
gdk-pixbuf-loaders-0.16.0-1mdk
libgdk-pixbuf2-0.16.0-1mdk
libgdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas1-0.16.0-1mdk
libgdk-pixbuf-xlib2-0.16.0-1mdk

i downloaded, compiled and installed gdk-pixbuf-0.9.0.tar.gz additionally,
then recompiled and installed xfce, still jpg cannot be used, but there is no
longer an error message, it simply doesnt work.
--- end original message ---
regards,
wolfgang