scratchy sounds

Thomas Schönhoff thomas.schoenhoff at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Aug 20 18:37:23 CEST 2002

James Tappin wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I've been noticing a strange audio behaviour that seems to be specific
> to xfce.

> Any ideas what might be going on?
> 	James

Hello all,

differently to James audio experiencies I can hear everything......:-)

Unfortunately xfounds scratching like wrinting with chalk at board, it
like going to be insane....:-(
At least when enabling sounds everything seemed to be fine for a minute,
but now I have to disable sounds again......

I am using XFCE 3.8.16, command within xfsound is set to "internal" (no
big difference to "xfplay 2>/dev/null" !!!)

Every available sound file scratches the same way, if switching to KDE
or Gnome everything sounds fine (of course only for debugging reason !).
If playing CDs, everything is fine !

Does somebody know what is going on !?

Thomas