key bindings to start applications

Dmitry DELTA Malykhanov d726f6e at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Sat Aug 17 05:38:25 CEST 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Harry Putnam wrote:

> However, I see no output.  But not sure where to look.  I have no
> .xsessions-errors.   I've commented out my xfpager lines about
> geometry and font.  After running startx.  I see the pager at
> upperleft in the corner.

~/.xsession-errors appears in Red Hat, when running xdm (in fact,
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsession redirects stdout/stderr to this file), maybe other
distros have it too. But in your case, since you're using startx, the
output probably goes to the console.

[skip skip]

> Do I need to add something to the print line to make it print to
> a known file.

Yeah, that's what we should do. So instead of just fprintf(...) you may
wish to put the following lines:

FILE *log;
if( (log=fopen("/tmp/XFPAGER.LOG", "a+"))!=NULL ) {
  fprintf(log, "%s", tline);
  fclose(log);
}

Obviously, it will dump all incoming messages to /tmp/XFPAGER.LOG

--
It's me -- Delta at SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://sdf.lonestar.org

"I don't advise it, citizen, mn-e-eh... I don't advise it. You'll be eaten."