Backdrops in .xpm format

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Aug 3 17:25:50 CEST 2002

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 07:26:25 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

[...]

>   Which brings me back to an eariler question (that ought to be easier
> resolve than figuring out why my installation won't use jpeg files):
> How to convert from .jpg to .xpm without ending up with a screwy image
> (no color, missing parts, etc.)?

Did you see my earlier e-mail? The reason xfbd won't use jpg's is that
it's not compiled with jpg support. That in turn means that the
./configure script cannot find the 'gdk-pixbuf-config' and/or
'imlib-config' scripts.

As far as I can see there are only two real possibilities:
o You don't have the *-dev packages installed, or
o their install is broken (deleted files, corrupted file system)

Just check if gdk-pixbuf-config is in your $PATH.

Jasper