launcher feedback?

Peeter Vois Peeter.Vois at mail.ee
Sat Apr 27 09:00:00 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have just a question/suggestion/whatever, something just popped into my
head.

If xfce starts an app it should create a process which becomes child
process. If this child dies or does not start then there is a way of
getting this information by polling for example the child process
status. So when launching an app from panel it is possible that xfce can
show a informative dialog about that app is starting. It should be
possible for xfce to get information if xfwm should draw a window border
for the child process (I'm not sure in this, Is it possible?) - so the
dialog can be closed as it will be closed when child dies.

And of course this dialog:
	1) can be disabled for single app, (if the app will not make any
		windows anyway)
	2) can be closed.

Hehh, just a piece of junktext above ...

      Peeter Vois
http://my.tele2.ee/vois