Screen Capture (was: Re: A different approach)

Jonathan Gardner gardnerj at provide.net
Wed Apr 24 06:34:33 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:59:50 -0400
<gardnerj at provide.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:25:47 -0700 (PDT)
>  Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Joe Klemmer wrote:
> >
> > > 	Slightly related to this topic (insofar as I want to
> >  show
> > > something to Rich related to this issue) but I forgot
> >  how to do a screen
> > > capture.  Can some kind soul remind me how to either
> >  dump the screen to a
> > > file or better yet just grab a part of the screen?
> >
> > Joe,
> >
> >   Open up the GIMP, select File | Acquire and go from
> >  there. It'll capture
> > either a single window or the entire display.
> >

> You can actually do the same thing with ee, takes a bit
>  less time to open than GIMP, if you have it.

OK, with Electric Eyes, you right click, choose "View" then "Show/Hide
Edit Window" there at the bottom will be two rows of buttons. The last two
are for grabbing a screenshot of the entire screen and just an app window.

Cheers,
Jonathan

BTW Electric Eyes is not the program that displayes two eyes that follow
your mouse around ;-)