Screen Capture (was: Re: A different approach)

Kurt Wall kwall at kurtwerks.com
Wed Apr 24 01:11:29 CEST 2002

Scribbling feverishly on April 23, Joe Klemmer managed to emit:

> 	Slightly related to this topic (insofar as I want to show
> something to Rich related to this issue) but I forgot how to do a screen
> capture.  Can some kind soul remind me how to either dump the screen to a
> file or better yet just grab a part of the screen?

$ xwd -root > grab.xwd
$ convert grab.xwd grab.mumble

Or, to be really concise:

$ xwd -root | convert - grab.mumble

Replace "mumble" with the image format you prefer.

Kurt
--
We may not return the affection of those who like us, but we always
respect their good judgement.