A different approach

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Tue Apr 23 19:46:17 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:20:55 -0700 (PDT) Rich wrote:

>  That's my standard procedure when building from source. However, I've not
>installed a package, then built from source and installed that over the
>rpm.

Then I'd first drop to a console (leaving X), rpm -e xfce to get rid of the
RPM-based installation, and then make install for the newly compiled set.

>  Anyway, the panel now has different colors for the popup menus and the
>icons, but the window "themes" have not reverted to the old style.
>
>  Oh, well. I give up.

Too bad of your efforts... Perhaps you get a boost again in a few days.

b*b
Paul

--
He is the best physician
who is the most ingenious inspirer of hope.

http://nlpagan.net - Registered Linux User 174403
Linux Mandrake 8.2 - Sylpheed 0.7.5