Turning on 3D buttons

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 22 00:12:56 CEST 2002

On 21 Apr 2002, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> > I don't recall what to change in what is now ~/.xfce/xfwmrc. I had changed
> > BitmapButtons to 'On', should that be 'No'?
>
> 	It was "No" but there's a comment in the file about this being
> obsolete.

Joe,

  I tracked down /etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc and it says that the BitmapButton
option in ~/.xfwmrc no longer functions. Instead, change the option to
'Yes' in /etc/X11/xfce/xfwmrc. Done. I have a couple of jobs running now so
I'll wait to test it when they're done. (Test by exiting X and restarting
it.)

  Thanks for the pointer!

> >   While I'm on the topic, what do I need to change there so the desktop
> > buttons in the panel are once again different colors?
>
> 	There was something about this in the list recently.  Can't remember
> what, though.  Might try the archives.

  I'll go rummage through the attic.

Rich