Rebuilding 3.8.16 for 3D buttons and variable colors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Apr 20 17:13:52 CEST 2002

  Before I run 'rpm -ba xfce-3.8.16', I want to be sure all the pieces are
in place.

  A few lines into the spec file is the section entitled, %build. I appended
'--enable-old-style' to both the !configure and configure sections. Are
there any other modifications I should make?

  As a more experienced linux user than I you'll probably have a good answer
to this next question. For an application such as xfce is there any
performance advantage by building with processor-specific codes for the i586
and i686? I've done this with kernels but for applications I've gone the
i386 route. Your thoughts, please?

Thanks,

Rich