Sadly leaving XFCE

Collins erichey2 at attbi.com
Sat Apr 20 01:48:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:14:21 -0800 William Bouterse
<bill at bouterse.com> wrote:> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:45:57 -0500
> "Skip Queen" <papanohair at linuxmail.org> wrote:
>
> > Have had so many "minor" inconsistencies have decided to leave
> > XFCE and use WindowMaker instead.  Too many things just don't
> > work.  Windows will not open where I want them, screensaver
> > doesn't work since upgrading to MDK 8.2, etc, etc.  Very sorry to
> > leave - really like the look and feel of XFCE.
>
> Skip,
> In some ways our roles are reversed...
> I am almost at the point of leaving Mandrake's distro
> and look for another due to their total lack of attention
> to many of us who have spotted problems weeks and even months
> before their new releases...Mandrake 8.2 betas were called into
> question by xfce users at least 6 weeks in advance of 8.2's
> release... Spending 6-10 hours a day at times bug-tracking (for
> free) only to have it all come to naught can really ____ a person
> off !!! I asked the maintainer once a couple years ago why they
> relegated xfce to such a low priority and he said something like...
> "I just don't like it !!"
> Go figure.....
> (all quotes subject to error)

<shamelessplug>
If you can afford the time, move on over to www.gentoo.org.  It takes
a few days to a week to get everything compiled, but you'll be hooked
on the distro if you stay the course.</endshamelessplug>

--
Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD?
Gentoo_rc6-15(1.1a) 2.4.19pre - xfce + sylpheed + mozilla