Sadly leaving XFCE

William Bouterse bill at bouterse.com
Wed Apr 17 20:14:21 CEST 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:45:57 -0500
"Skip Queen" <papanohair at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Have had so many "minor" inconsistencies have decided to leave XFCE and use WindowMaker instead.  Too many things just don't work.  Windows will not open where I want them, screensaver doesn't work since upgrading to MDK 8.2, etc, etc.  Very sorry to leave - really like the look and feel of XFCE.

Skip,
In some ways our roles are reversed...
I am almost at the point of leaving Mandrake's distro
and look for another due to their total lack of attention
to many of us who have spotted problems weeks and even months
before their new releases...Mandrake 8.2 betas were called into question
by xfce users at least 6 weeks in advance of 8.2's release...
Spending 6-10 hours a day at times bug-tracking (for free)
only to have it all come to naught can really ____ a person off !!!
I asked the maintainer once a couple years ago why they relegated
xfce to such a low priority and he said something like...
"I just don't like it !!"
Go figure.....
(all quotes subject to error)

--