xfce colours

Gregory Hosler gregory.hosler at eno.ericsson.se
Mon Apr 15 08:53:33 CEST 2002

On 12-Apr-02 Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
> Hello again chaps,
>
> Long time, no read :-)
>

> Also,
>
> Something I asked on comp.os.linux.x and no-one bothered to answer.
> X kicks me out after ten minutes or so. I open a session either
> on KDE or XFce (which is my preferred GUI) but after ten minutes
> it kicks me out. Has anyone stumbled upon this ?

Which shell are you using. Some shells have a timeout variables, which
essentially logs a session out if there is no timeout for teh specified period
of time. The name of the timeout variable (I think) differs from shell to shell.
If you are not setting it in your shell startup file, then it might be set for
you, courtesy of your sys admin in the system wide shell login script.

knowing your shell would give me a needed clue to help you further (though
armed w/ the above, and the man page, you can probably figure it out yourself :)

-Greg

E-Mail: Gregory Hosler <gregory.hosler at eno.ericsson.se>
Date: 15-Apr-02
Time: 14:50:38