Autohide xfce

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sat Apr 13 14:51:28 CEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-04-13 at 08:42, Stephane Gibier wrote:

> > No, that's not it.  The actual reason is that the core of XFce is it's
> > similarity to CDE.  XFce is "like CDE only better" so the consensus is
> > that XFce should be as close to CDE is possible.
>
> So, where can we find the reference documentation and screenshots about
> CDE ? The Sun site is very poor about that...

	I never thought about that, really.  I've just used CDE on Solaris and
AIX before and I have an UltraSPARC 5 with Solaris 8.  You might try
IBM's AIX pages.

	As for finding it on Sun's site, it's not surprising.  The only way you
can get any really useful info is if you have a SunSolve account.  And
with their jumping on the GNOME bandwagon...

	I really wish that Sun, IBM and all the other CDE users had listened to
us about looking at XFce instead of GNOME.

--
Using Linux since 11/91		|		http://www.linux.org
Linux user #29402		|		http://counter.li.org