[Xfce-i18n] Getting started with translations (Dutch)

Besnik Bleta bbleta at otenet.gr
Fri Feb 14 17:00:02 CET 2020

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 23:07:08 +0100
Pjotr Vertaalt <pjotrvertaalt at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the shortcomings of Transifex is, that it's not as easy to
> propose new translations as in Launchpad. That's why I ask people to
> mail me their propositions.

Somewhere else on this thread, Github was mention. GitHub (or any other
git implementation) could be used to provide transparency here. An
email with a proposed .po file shows nothing to the rest of the world.
Having them as pull requests to your original file could help showing
the world the whys and why not's for every decision from your part. It's
the users (the public) opinion which counts here. That could be the
base for refuting or accepting new editing. (I think of it as a better
majority than the majority created within a translation team regularly
or from upper intervention.)

Cheers,
Besnik