[Xfce-i18n] Script to test latest translations from Transifex in Xfce (maybe Xubuntu 19.04)

scootergrisen scootergrisen at gmail.com
Thu May 9 22:26:29 CEST 2019

I would like someone to make a shell script or something that can get
the latest translations for a language into something like Xubuntu 19.04
so i can sort of try the next version of Xfce without building it.

I have a file to download the files from transifex and then i did some
renaming and converted po to mo and compared with the files in
/usr/share/locale/ i think.

During renaming i see some things like exo is called exo-1.mo with "-1"
and thunar is Thunar.mo with big "T".

Anyway then i make shared folder in VirtualBox so i can share the files
between host and guest system which request me to install the
VBoxGuestAdditions.

So im just about to put the new files in so i can test the latest
translations from Transifex.

But maybe someone can help make such a script or have an idea on how to
do it because we have to test the Xfce translations before the next release.

I can show the scripts i have if anyone wants to see them. So maybe we
can improve them and all translations can have use of it.