[Xfce-i18n] Opinions about translations.xfce.org

Besnik Bleta bbleta at otenet.gr
Sun Jan 26 10:21:56 CET 2014

Hello Dimitri,

Më 01/26/2014 05:06 AM, Dimitris Glezos shkroi:

> The Transifex Client is convenient for this kind of tasks, to sync
> whole dir trees with Transifex..
>
> Would that work for you?

Really nice to see you following the discussion here. And I personally
have to thank you
once more, for all your help over the years.

I installed and tried tx yesterday. But I failed to get what I was
looking for. Obviously for
some error during setting up the environment. I might have succeeded, of
course, with
a bit of more patience...

The thing is that when you're used with one tool and that's available,
you tend to neglect
the others, especially when they give you troubles. My knowledge of git
is rudimentary,
but a "git clone" will fetch a whole project, requesting just 4 seconds
of my time,
leaving the rest to my translations. You need the URL? It gives you 3-4
choices of that.
No need to figure out which one is the right one for tx. If you want
just to download
anonymously, there you go, as it doesn't ask for any login details.
Committing my contribute later is easy as well.

It's not a big deal to make tx happy, but I believe we tend to focus
more on translating...

In my humble opinion, providing a one-click way of getting a tarball of
a whole directory
on Transifex would be a translator's dream come true.

Until then I'd be very grateful if you tell me the right URL to do that
for a given project.

Best regards,
Besnik