[Xfce-i18n] xfce4-weather-plugin string freeze

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Jan 28 14:08:35 CET 2013

Am 28.01.2013 13:53, schrieb rafael ff1:
> So, for example, my localtime is -02:00 and therefore the time
> interval of my weather will be displayed with -02:00, right? If yes,
> then looks good to me.
>
> Rafael Ferreira

Yes. Met.no provides data as UTC times which are converted into local
time by the plugin. That's why you get weird times when you choose a
location in a different timezone than yours.

That timezone calculation stuff is a bit tricky, because there are also
timezones offset by only half an hour, like some Australian locations.

The highest priority was to get the plugin going again, so solving these
things will have to wait. Until then, the plugin will show correct times
only if your timezone is the same as the location you choose.

If in doubt about correctness, you can open the yr.no website, search
for the location and compare the results.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'